This nutritious smoothie contains lots of vitamins that promote eye health.
By Helen M. Rasmussen, PhD, RD Virginia Paige Murphy and RD Elizabeth J. Johnson, PhD
Preparation time: less than 30 mins
Cooking time: less than 10 mins
Serves: Makes 1 large smoothie
- 65g/2¼oz cooked kale
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- ½ tsp wheatgerm oil
- 160ml/5½fl oz semi-skimmed milk
- ½ small banana
- 90g/3¼oz kiwi fruit, peeled
- 85g/3oz tinned pineapple chunks in water
- ½ medium apple, peeled and cored
- 5g fresh mint leaves
- ½ lime, juice only
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, combine the kale, almond butter, wheatgerm oil and small amount of the milk. Blend to a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients (including the rest of the milk) and continue to blend until smooth.