3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp olive oil
¾ cup chopped green onion (½ cup white part only, ¼ cup green part)
1 celery stalk, chopped
½ cup chopped Italian
2 cups Arborio rice
4 cups chicken stock
¾lb asparagus, trimmed, peeled, cut into 2 inch segments
¾ cup shelled fresh peas or frozen
1-2 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Heat butter and oil on high for 1 minute in an uncovered 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Add white part of green onion, celery, parsley and rice; stir to coat. Cook uncovered on high for 4 minutes.
- Add the stock. Cook uncovered on high for 12 minutes.
- Add asparagus and peas; stir well.
- Cook uncovered 12 minutes or until liquid disappears.
- Stir in salt and pepper. Cover loosely with paper towel and let stand 8-10 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with green portion of onions and cheese.
Makes 8 servings.